Hello everyone, I’ve been trying to keep up with this blog, my YouTube channel, and other social media. Thankfully, contributing bloggers have made it easier to maintain this website. Here are some brief updates:
- I’m now on Mastodon! Have you been following the situation on Twitter with Elon Musk’s takeover? With all of the uncertainty, tens of thousands of Twitter users have created Mastodon accounts just in case Twitter goes under. This is my Mastodon account. Of course, I’m also on YouTube and Instagram. And I plan on staying on Twitter until the bitter end…if it ends. Hopefully, it does not. I will miss Disability Twitter #CripTheVote #SpoonieChat, COVID Twitter, and Long COVID Twitter, among other communities.
- I graduated from Northwestern University; I finished my MPPA, or Master’s in Public Policy & Administration, in September.
- I won a scholarship and recently started a program at University of California–Berkeley in Counseling and Psychology.
- Last month, I spoke at Northwestern University’s 2022 Homecoming at the SPS Symposium about disability, ableism, and the pandemic.
- I lost a few people I care about this year. In fact, it’s actually been a lot of losses. I have lost 13 people since 2017. Of course, taking the time to grieve makes it hard to update social media although I have managed the past few months.
Related, check out this video I made in 2020 called, Tips for School if you have Depression or Bipolar Disorder. I can’t believe I finished my MPPA because it feels like I just started. Somehow, time has gone by too slowly and too fast during this pandemic! How is that even possible?