A great red lipstick evokes images of old Hollywood glamour and 1950s era pictures of my stunning grandmother. I was happy when I tried Arbonne’s Lipstick in the shade of Strawberry. It’s long-wearing, bold without being loud, and best of all—I don’t need to apply lip liner before applying it (something I usually do with red lipstick).
- Want a departure from the usual neutrals—Examples of neutrals include light and medium shades of pink or coral colors. Most days, I wear a neutral. But for a few days a month, Strawberry is a fun indulgence.
- Need to add definition to their faces—Women who are sick, in treatment, and on drugs like Prednisone need lipsticks that add definition to the face. Steroids like Prednisone bury our cheekbones under layers of fat. Usually, lipstick shades that worked before illness no longer work. We need something that is two to three shades darker than what we used to wear. Sheer lip glosses and super light lipsticks tend to make sick women look sicker.
- Have coordination issues—Sometimes I have coordination issues when I apply my makeup; it all depends on what MG’s agenda is for the day. Chronically ill women often find that applying makeup has become harder. Arbonne’s long, straight tube makes it different from most (wider) lipstick tubes. Subsequently, it’s easier to avoid coloring outside of the lines.
- Need a boost of confidence—When I’m nervous before tasks like delivering an important presentation, I motivate myself by wearing red lipstick. You can call it “lipstick courage” I guess.
- Need an accessory—I love wearing red when my outfit is all black or black and white. Nothing makes a black outfit pop more than a red lip.
- Like costumes—When I say costumes, I’m not just referring to costume parties. Occasionally, it’s fun to indulge fantasies. I don’t wear my 1950s-era dresses to Debate but at least the red lip lets me keep a hint of vintage flair. (Can you imagine if I went to work in a poodle skirt?)
Arbonne is a natural, botanical skincare and cosmetics company. Arbonne’s makeup does not contain the toxins present in 90% of cosmetics brands. (Full disclosure: I am a consultant for Arbonne. But I still do reviews of a wide variety of great makeup brands on this blog including Tarte, Urban Decay, and CHANEL, among others.)
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (5/5 stars)
I am selling Arbonne to help pay for my medical bills. Interested in learning more about Strawberry or Arbonne? Leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you with more information. Arbonne is not like most skincare companies; we sell via our consultants. However, if you are in a hurry, please input my Consultant ID (#14046034) when you make purchases on www.arbonne.com.
Fashionably ill is now on Facebook! Join us there: https://www.facebook.com/fashionablyill