In a popular season 3 episode of The Mindy Project titled “Christmas,” Mindy Lahiri (Mindy Kaling) turns to Danny Castellano (Chris Messina) and says, “Wreath Witherspoon? Danny, this is the nicest thing in your apartment.” (I wasn’t watching TMP back then; I only started this year. The comedy aired its final episode recently but, thankfully, you can catch all six seasons here on Hulu.) When I first saw this episode, I thought, Ooohh! I want a Wreath Witherspoon for Christmas. What’s not to love? Mindy Kaling? Reese Witherspoon? Puns? Love, love, love. If you’ve been following me on instagram, you’ve seen behind the scenes videos of the Making of Wreath Witherspoon. The only tools I purchased were the synthetic wreath and glitter bow–both from Michael’s. Making Wreath Witherspoon is my favorite new holiday tradition.
The Tools You Need:
- Google – to search for images of Reese
- A printer
- Photograph paper (or something similarly sturdy) – I use EPSON, which you can find here at Target
- Artificial wreath – I got my 24″ Ashland™ wreath at Michael’s Arts & Crafts – it says “In Store Only” but Michael’s has lots of wreaths that you can browse here
- Glitter bow – I this gold glitter bow from Celebrate It™ at Michael’s
- Scotch Tape®
Step by Step:
- Search for Reese Witherspoon images. I wanted a mix of my favorite red carpet looks (like Reese wearing a black Valentino dress at the 2002 Oscars) and her most famous roles especially Legally Blonde‘s Elle Woods.
- Print the pictures.
- Cut them out.
- Lay the wreath out.
- Map out where you would put the pictures and the bow.
- Tie the bow to the bottom of the wreath.
- Tape the pictures to the wreath. Use generous amounts of tape. Pinch the picture to the wreath when you are applying tape to make it really stick. This is why it’s important to use an artificial wreath.
- Hang it up!
- Post pictures on social media using #wreathwitherspoon.
TA DA! Happy Holidays!
–Your Stylist, Jessica Gimeno