Are you going to a 4th of July barbecue next week? (Or are you attending my 4th of July Online Party during SyFy’s Twilight Zone marathon here) What about any weddings this summer? Being outside a lot can often lead to “face melt.” On top of our fatigue, many of us are fighting summer humidity and heat. This post is for anyone who needs to avoid “face melt.”
How do you avoid having your face melt?
5 tips for staying fresh despite the heat:
- Don’t wear too much makeup: I’ve been wearing eyeliner–but no eyeshadow. If it’s super hot, use less blush than usual so you don’t look like a tomato at the end of the day. You might even skip the blush and just use bronzer. As an added bonus, your beauty routine will be shorter.
- Use primer before foundation: Start your makeup routine with primer. I previously reviewed Arbonne’s Primer here. This primer helps my makeup last all day and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles (I sometimes even wear it without foundation). Arbonne is an organic skincare and cosmetics line that does not use toxins U.S. cosmetics companies use. Leave a comment if you’d like to learn more about Arbonne. If you want to purchase directly from the website, please enter my consultant ID: #14046034 so I can get credit. I am an Arbonne Independent Consultant; I sell to help pay for my medical bills and because I have seen their anti-agining products work wonders on my skin.
- Bring Boschia Blotting Linens: Blot your face in the heat. You can find them here at Sephora.
- Pack Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes: When my makeup smears a little, I can easily wipe it off before the next meeting with these easy wipes. You can get them for $4.99 here at Target. As I previously blogged about in “Makeup & Germs: 5 Habits We Need to Break Now,” we should stop using our fingers to apply makeup because they are always carrying bacteria. My skin is clearest when I’m using sponges.
- Wear mineral powder foundation–not liquid: There are times when I do use liquid foundation. However, this summer I’ll be using Arbonne’s new Got You Covered Mineral Powder Broad Spectrum SPF 15, which comes in over a dozen shades. Powder is also less likely to rub off on your collar. SPF is something you should wear everyday, especially in the summer.
–Your Stylist, Jessica Gimeno
Join Us on Facebook!
Meet other readers who bravely fight a wide variety of illnesses. Like Fashionably ill’s Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/fashionablyill